10 Things I Can Do To Help My World by Melanie Walsh

 

Amazon.com: 10 Things I Can Do to Help My World (9780763659196): Walsh,  Melanie, Walsh, Melanie: Books


10 Things I Can Do To Help My World by Melanie Walsh

  • Nonfiction

  • Grades: Pre-K - Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd

  • Awards: None 


Summary:


10 Things I Can Do To Help My World is a book about making the world a better place. This book describes easy tasks that can be completed to help the world. Some of these tasks include: turning off the lights, turning off the sink when brushing your teeth, taking out your trash, feeding the birds in the winter, writing on both sides of the paper, unplugging the tv when it’s not in use, making toys from recyclable things, walking to school, planting seeds, and sorting the recycling. The book also describes the benefits of doing these things like saving valuable energy, keeping the world safe and clean, saving gas, and cutting down air pollution.


Evaluation:


10 Things I Can Do To Help My World is an informational book that explains the biological and physical aspects of the world. I would use it in my classroom because the reading level is appropriate for second grade. It focuses on the particular topic of making the world a healthier place. This is something that I would want my students to learn about. 10 Things I Can Do To Help My World would be a great book for a unit on science and the impact of humanity on the world. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saving Winslow by Sharon Creech

Music Everywhere! by Maya Ajmera, Elise Hofer Derstine, & Cynthia Pon

Feathers for Lunch by Lois Ehlert